Sunday, November 23, 2008

You only turn 28 once.

My computer died. On my birthday! And I sliced a little chunk of skin out of my pinky finger. On my birthday! The rest of the day was fairly pleasant though.
I was seriously missing out on my celeb gossip while being computerless. Now that I am borrowing my sister's laptop, who knows how many pages of tmz I have to go through.
So Friday night, I was out *ahem* celebrating my birthday, and I dropped a glass and broke it. I picked it up, and sliced my finger. It hurt plenty, but I'm a big baby, and I bet it would have hurt a lot more if I could totally feel it (before you wonder, I had a responsible, sober driver). I bled all over the place, and my wonderful girlfriend followed me around wiping my blood up off the floor. I should've gotten a couple of stitches, but I'm scared of them. Really and truly, I'm scared of stitches, ha!
I've had a bandaid on and off, but I enjoy showing off my battle scars. I would totally never want to see anyone else's disgusting boo-boo, but mine is cool! But ugly. Kind of like expensive shoes. Saturday night I had a party scheduled, but I was being such a baby about my painful finger, another consultant did it. I stayed home in a robe, and read my Grisham. On a Saturday night! And I liked it! I'm starting to worry about myself. . .
***As I was labeling this blog, and typed in "boo-boos" it reminded me of the time a couple of years ago when Nolan and Calvin were concerned about the nasty sore on Grace's finger. They didn't want her to die, so the SOP when you don't want someone to die is to google their symptoms, right? They went to google and typed in BO BO. Cute or WHAT?

No comments: